Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Australian man sells his life for $382K on eBay...

Wow! This news struck me as definitely of the weirder variety. Apparently an Australian man, Ian Usher, 44, sold everything he owned on eBay for a little more than $382,000 in an online auction that ended yesterday. He was aiming for $500K but I guess he'll settle for the $380K, ha!

I mean how does that work? Mr. Usher just walks away from everything and everybody that he knows and never looks back? According to the news item, he plans to just up and leave everything, his apartment, his job, his friends and whatever assets he has...

And what does the buyer get? Obviously, the assets like the apartment and car and other tangibles can be ascribed a certain value but what does he got for Mr. Usher's life? As far as I know Mr. Usher retains his identity (it's probably illegal to sell it anyway!) so logically that wouldn't have been part of the deal...

Kinda makes you wonder what's the next thing that could be sold on eBay...

Hmmm, I kind of envy the man, leaving everything behind and getting paid for it sounds like a good deal to me.... sometimes, but the life that I have isn't that desperate... yet! :)

As long as I have my laptop, cellphone, PSP, PS3 and Wii, life's good!

In Geekiness,
Benj

No comments: